Sunday, April 27, 2014

2014 European XC Marathon Champs // Update # 7


I was keeping busy on the bike during the last couple of weeks, so I figured it's about time to write another update about the progress.

I have been doing big, long MTB spin lately but the main goal was to have a spin that is very similar to the race in June. So, I've decided to go for a 75 km long full off-road training spin around the trails of Ballinastoe.  Now, just to give a little extra kick to the project I created a charity page to raise funds to the Dublin Wicklow Mountain Rescue Team. This way I'm doing what was planned but also hoped to raise some money to them. 

So, picked a day, got my gear prepared and went for it. The alarm went off at 4:30 am this morning and before I knew it I was all ready to go in the car park in Ballinastoe. 


Stunning sun rise at 6 am

The plan was to stick to a steady pace and try to keep consistent laptimes. So, off I went and started to clock up the miles. The weather was ok enough, thankfully I didn't get any rain. Lap after lap and as it was planned I finished the 75 km long spin just under 5 hours and 12 minutes and climbed 1750m along the way. Completed 5 full laps and did a little extra at the end to make up the 75km. Also kept all my laptimes around the 56-59 minutes time, happy days.


5 hours and 12 minutes later at the trail head. What a spin it was!

The F29 was a freakin' rocket today, serious bike it is!

Today's spin shows that to me that the training is going 100% the way it shoud be. Feeling great on the bike and I'm full of motivation. There's only a few weeks left until the race, so no time to rest now. Keep the pace going and I'm sure I going to have a great race in June! Bring ot on!! :) 


Big thank you to the guys from Biking.ie for the free bike wash after the spin. Nice one lads, I appreciate the help! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment