Sunday, May 24, 2015

Homemade Tubeless Inflator


I've seen a very interesting article a few days ago. It was about how to make a tubeless inflator. I don't normaly jump on these things but after I finished up reading I decided I'll give this a try. I don't have a compressor in my bike shed, so I think it definitely worth a try! 



Everything's here, let's do it!


  • 1 x plastic bottle
  • 2 x presta valves (I used tubeless valves instead of valves cut out of old tubes)
  • 1 x plastic clip
  • 30 cm of plastic pipe (from my local pet store)
  • some insulating tape


Drilled 2 holes, tightened up 2 valves, taped up the pipe and put the whole inlator together. It was ready to be tested in about 10 minutes! Quite quick little project, isn't it?! 



Here it is, my brand new homemade tubeless inflator


The first pressure test, everything seems to be fine


So, I hope with the help of this homemade inflator I can make tubeless tyre fitting smoother and easier in the future. Test results will be posted, stay tuned! :)


...to read the full article and see the video just click here




No comments:

Post a Comment