Saturday, September 8, 2012

Djouce is still the KING // ThinkBike.ie Club Spin


I'm still buzzing! We had possibly the best summer club spin up around Djouce this morning with the lads from the club. Normally I ride on my own, and since I have the joy of the fatherhood, this rule applies even more. But this time I decided to team up with some of my good friends and team mates and joined our regular Saturday XC spin, needless to say that I did not regret the decision! :)

I don't like to drive to the place when I'm out mountain biking, I rather prefer to cycle out so I went out nice and early to meet up with the guys at 8 am in the Djouce carpark. The morning was fresh at 7 am when I left the house

After everyone got there and everyone got ready we took off and started our spin that was led by the man himself: Ian Kingston. He practically lives on Djouce mountain, so he knows all the trails very well. We all knew he was going to take the group to some of the scariest and most deadly trails that we can possibly find! :)

Oh..and I still didn't mention the best thing yet: the trails were bone dry!!! Honestly I don't remember when I've seen the place soooo dry! There was a single puddle (needless to say that we managed to find it) but that's about it. The rest was just amazing: super fast techical trails with tons of roots! Perfect! 


Our group today (L --> R: Dan, Kevin, Dave, myself and Ian) + Fintan to took this photo

Sun & dry trails, that's what you want!

What a lovely part of the World! :)

After we got most of the coolest trails done and had so much fun on the bike it was kinda time to head home. Got back to the carpark where the group split up and I started to make my way home on the very same route that I did cycled out on. 

Now, Djouce is an amazing place. I knew that before. But...this time was just simply my best time up there. Every single square meter of that mountain is brilliant and in my opinion it's still 100% the best place to have a proper XC spin done! I'm lovin' it! :)





...check out the details on Strava

Today I rode 55 km with 1219 m total elevation gain just slightly over 3 hours and 20 minutes. It was my only spin this week so I think I took the most of it. Was great to join the lads, I had great time with today's group. It was fantastic spin all together, cheers lads. See you next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment