Saturday, February 28, 2015

It wasn't planned, just went for it...


Today I went out for my usual Saturday training spin. Since I haven't been doing long enough spins lately I decided to head up to the mountains to have a proper spin. This plan turned out to be so good I ended up climbing the third highest mountain in Hungary. 




So today's ride was as much about elevation as it was about distance. I ended up doing 90 km just a little over 3 hours 50 minutes with 1190 m elevation. Not too bad on the 29er MTB with off-road tyres on, but of course i'd love to do the same route on a road bike some day. 

Savage climb this is, I almost forget how heavy it is if you want to do it in a good pace. The weather was nice today where I'm living but it was a completely different ball game up at 960 meters

Huge shout out to the owner of a little local shop at Galyatető! He helped me out with free bars to have enough food on the way home and also offered me a nice cuppa before I start me super chilly descent. Didn't take the coffee but the bars were absolutely lifesaver!! There are nice people out there folks I have to say!! He made me day!! 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment