Saturday, February 14, 2015

What a day it was!



Wow, today was an absolutely savage day on the bike! It's still February but it felt like a proper spring day for sure. After a small bit of a "scare" and a few extra miles in the car I picked up my rear wheel that was in for repair and shortly afterwards I was on my way up to the mountains. 





Originally I planned a good old fashioned off-road spin but the trail conditions crossed the plan. I love riding in mud and all that but I still have to get used to the Hungarian conditions again, they are very different compare to Ireland. 

So there I was, ready to hit the trails. About 100 meters in I had to rethink the plan. I managed to hit the most sticky patch on the side of the hill. Cool...let's turn back...try again somewhere else...



Ouch...I didn't see this coming! :)

Anyway, after 2 attempts I decided to just simply leave it and stay on the road. Wasn't the way I was hoping for but in the end of the day I was out on the bike and like I said, the weather was gift! 

This short 2 hours ride was such a huge refreshment after the busy week at the office. Can't wait for the next one!!


No comments:

Post a Comment