Friday, November 30, 2012

Bontrager Jones CXR cyclocross tyre // The All-rounder


The Bontrager Jones CXR - 700 x 34C cyclo-cross tyres are the only ones I ever tested and used, so I can't compare them to any other models out there but I think the more than 2 months time that I've been using them is enough to say: they are brilliant tyres! 

Since I have them I got to test them out on every surface in pretty much all sorts of conditions: dry, muddy, frozen, gravel, grass, singletrack, tarmac, etc... 

Ready to roll

 
 
The folding design provides super easy & quick installation, so it's very easy to work with even if there's a puncture on a cold winter spin. 
 
The traction is excellent so as the mud-shedding ability thanks to the pattern. They have great grip in the corners and the rolling resistance is low, so they are very fast as well. 
 
The puncture resistance is good, I managed to have a puncture-free run since I got them. Happy days! :)

I usually run them on 29 PSI (2 bars) pressure. This seems to be working out perfectly with my bodyweight in every conditions, so I will stick to this setup in the future.

Mudfest it is

Real winter testing

So, my own experience about these tyres is simply great. They never left me in trouble, I find them very reliable. Good traction, good weight (unfortunatelly I don't have any weight data, but they are light I'd say). What else I could ask for? I'm happy with them and will stick to them in the future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment