Friday, October 10, 2014

Race Face - Narrow/Wide Single Chainring



It has been a while since I got this lovely looking Race Face Narrow/Wide single ring specific chainring fitted on the bike. It's a rough guess but I'd say I've done about 750 km on it and I can tell only good things about it. 

I was running a single ring setup before but because it wasn't anything specific I was running into problems. But this one is a different ball game altogether!




Tech info:

  • Narrow Wide tooth profiling ensures ultimate chain retention
  • Stiff 4mm plate thickness and I-beam construction transfer loads without flexing
  • 7075-T6 aluminum, aerospace grade strength
  • Reversible laser etched graphics.
  • Compatible for 9, 10 and 11 speed.
  • Sizes: 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 104 BCD (4 bolt)
  • Weights: 37-57g (36T – 50g)

Thoughts:

First of all the weight of this ring is impressive in my opinion. Yeah, "it's only a chainring" but still, it is very light indeed. 

I picked up the Race Face Narrow/Wide ring because I heard a lot of nice things about it from friends and racer mates. I wanted to run a 1x10 system that can be 100% reliable without using a chain guide. I was after simplicity that can serve me well all the time without any hassle. And this chain ring deliveres all that! :)




Have been using the system in tough conditions on the rough trails of the Wicklow Mountains and it didn't drop the chain. Not even once. Impressive. 

So, I'm 100% happy with this ring and I can only recommend it to anyone who is fancy to do some single ring conversion!

No comments:

Post a Comment