Monday, August 28, 2017

Mátra Maraton 2017 // From a different perspective




This year's Mátra Maraton was slightly different to me. I wasn't racing, I was a spectator at this year's event. Things didn't come to my way as they were planned but as my dad was racing in Masters 4 category it was pretty obvious to go and cheer him on! :) 

The plan was to travel to the race venue, get on the bike and have a decent bike ride and finds spots on the race course where I can see my 'aul man.


The Dudes :) (photo credit: Mátra Maraton)

The plan was deadly I have to say: had a good spin and managed to catch some proper race action from the strongest & fastest mountain bikers in Hungary. And of course I got to watch my dad racing also!!



He wasn't hanging around! 


Waiting at 1014 meters for the fastest boys to fly by


The best spot to cheers my old mates


Stunning view at some places


This was the first time I was at a marathon race as a spectator and I have to say that I had a great buzz altogether. Watching others to race is a nice thing. But you what's even nicer?! When I'm racing myself, so next year count on me!! :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment