Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Muzsla has finally been conquered!





I love the local trails, I sure do. I know them well and I'm 100% familiar with the hills around my place. Oh... this could actually be true... except that it's not. There is a mountain peak called Muzsla that I never climbed before due to the fact that it's kinda tricky to get to. Well, it was up until now!


As we had an early training spin planned for this morning I set my alarm, got up at 5 am and was all good to go soon after that. 




Left the house in the morning sunrise that amazes me every time I get to see it. Everything's nice and quiet, just the way I like it! 





The destination was set, we turned straight towards the climb that leads to the peak. It's a bit of a savage climb as it's 9,5 km long with over 650 meters of climbing. The final few hundred meters are incredibly steep! But it totally worth it, the place is brilliant! 




And then the descent, wow! It is rocky as hell and pretty fast too. It's a real fun filled XC descent that drops 600 meters in 5,3 km. Nice, isn't it? :) 


So, from now on I know the way to the biggest mountain peak near my village. The spin was deadly, we have done 55 km in 3 hours and 20 minutes and climbed a bit over the 1000 meters mark. The trails were brilliant and there is still plenty of chance to make this loop longer. Much longer! Roll on next time!!   


No comments:

Post a Comment