Thursday, January 27, 2011

Enniskerry (Powerscourt) road spin

This morning my destination was the Powerscourt Waterfall. I haven't been there for a good while now so it was due to visit this beautiful place.

I left from home at 8:30am as I usually do in the winter time and I cycled towards Enniskerry village. The route was the following: 

Milltown - Dundrum - Stepaside - Enniskerry - Powerscourt - Enniskerry - Stepaside - Dundrum - Milltown

When I got to the gate of the waterfall I've had to realize: it is CLOSED... "Hm...This is just great..."


So there was nothing else to do but turn back and head home. The spin was ok, I have covered the distance of 40km in 1 hour and 50 minutes on my mountain bike. The total climb was 814m which I think isn't too bad for a short spin like this.I couldn't stay on the bike for longer this morning because I am under preassure to get back in time to go to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment