Sunday, January 9, 2011

Look 986 - My bike that never leaves me in trouble

The latest photo of the bike

Here it is: my race machine. I have been planning to get this bike for long time but finally it is here. I got it couple of months ago and I am super happy with it so far. Works brilliant, just as it should be.

Specification:
Frame: Look 986 carbon fibre frame S (16")
Fork: Magura Durin Race - 80mm
Headset: FSA 1 1/8" integrated
Crankset: Shimano SLX with TA chainrings (28/42)
Bottom bracket: Shimano SLX
Front mech: Shimano SLX
Rear mech: Shimano XTR
Front shifter: Shimano XTR
Rear shifter: Shimano XTR
Brakes: Shimano SLX (with Ashima AiRotor 160mm 6 bolts discs)
Casette: Shimano XT 11-32
Chain: Shimano XT
Hubs: Tune
Rims: Olympic ZTR
Tyres: Kenda SmallBlockEight  26x2.00
Stem: Truvativ Race
Handlebar: Race Face Next SL carbon fibre
Saddle: SLR
Pedals: EggBeater C

Of course few things could be upgraded, but everything needs to happen in the right time. Isn't it true?

6 comments:

  1. Very nice! How much does it weigh now? I mean originally because the Ashima disc reduced a couple of gramms sice then.
    Congrats on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for the congrats Gergely. I haven't got exact weight on it because parts were getting swapped around lately. But I promise I will weigh the bike and put up a post on it. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weight of the complete bike is 9,80kg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the latest tyre ugrade the total weight got to 9,60kg :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, do you recall the exact FSA headset ? The cups seem rather deep .... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tim,

    I think I had an FSA Orbit 1 1/8" integrated headset fitted in this bike. The cups were part of the headtube and the frame took standard 1 1/8" bearings.

    ReplyDelete