Wednesday, August 24, 2011

National Hillclimb Championship - upcoming race



The season is nearly getting to the end but there is still plenty of great competions out there. One of them is the National Hillclimb Championship hosted by the Irish Road Club on the well known (and in some cases feared) Kilmashogue Lane. The decision was made in a hurry but I was planning to compete on this race since I got my road bike. I just wasn't 100% sure about it until the last minute. But I decided: since the Kilmashogue climb is one of my favourite interval training climb I will give my best shot and see how I can manage this time. :)



The championship course is pretty short, it is only 2,5 km long but the steepness is serious indeed. The elevation gain is 220 m and the gradient gets as steep as 20-22% at some places. Luckily the road surface is excellent! The race starts from The St.Columba's College just near the M50 bridge and the finish point is on the very top of the tarmac road where tha farms are

for full information on the race click here.

This weekend will certenly very busy for me: I will race the National Hillclimb Championship (road) on Friday and race the Single Speed World Championship (MTB) on Saturday. These two races are pretty important to me so obviously I would love to do well on both of them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment