Friday, August 19, 2011

New PB on Ballinastoe Long Loop (on the single speed bike!)


The SSWC is only 1 week away so I decided to have a savage, timed spin out on Ballinastoe 'cause the terrain is pretty similar to Ballyhoura I think. I have cycled 1 long loop and 1 short straight after that. Now, I am getting used to the single speed bike more and more day by day but today's spin was still planned as a regular off-road spin to see my own and the bike's limits with this setup. But it has turned out different in a good meaning of the word! :)

I felt very good on the bike and I really enjoyed the whole thing. Sometimes I felt I am on the very limit of my power, but some other times I felt I'm going pretty fast. I checked the Garmin when I got back to the barrier (start/finish point) and there was the surprise: I set up new Personal Best on the long loop, and the fact I shaved off more than 4 minutes of my previous record makes the achievement even more sweet! To top that: to be able to get this done on a single speed bike? I couldn't be any happier! :)

Garmin Edge 605 data of the ride (split times)

It's done, ready to go home :)

So the new PB for me on the 14 km long loop is 52 minutes 10 seconds. I am very happy to feel good on the single speed bike and I am really looking forward to race on it next weekend. I was a bit worried about the 2:1 gear ratio (28T x 14T), but it works well after all, so there is nothing to worry about! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment