Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Training for the 12 hours XC race - only few days left

Even the rocks are happy lately up in the mountains :)



This little photo shows the mood of my trainigs in the last 2 weeks. Everything goes the way I planned: did get some good training done before we get to the Bull Raid 12 hours XC this Saturday. The rest of the planning is going good also but there is still plenty of things to do indeed. 


I did get lot of training done up on Threerock as I usually do but also got to ride some of the other favourite trails also such as the Dublin Mountains Way and the Wicklow Way

Sweet rocky bit along the Dublin Mountains Way
Another wet and cold morning spin out in the Wicklow

The weather hasn't been good to me lately, I did get rain nearly every time I went out on the bike. Of course after I got back home the sun came out and the rest of the day was lovely and sunny. It would be lovely to have it the other way around once in a while, wouldn't it? :)

As the last stage of my prep I will have a nice and intense road spin tomorrow morning and just a short and easy mountain bike spin on Thursday morning just to get the legs moving. Then get a massage and I'm ready. Last thing is to get the bike ready and have all the gear sorted out as well. This will take a good bit of a time 'cause the amount of stuff I will need is incredible! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment