Wednesday, November 2, 2011

BBB HighPower Rechargable Night-light set

I generally wasn't too much into night-ride spins in the past but I have tried this unique type of mountain biking couple of times in the last one year and my point of view has changed about the whole thing. 


At the moment I don't own any proper set of night-lights but last time I did get a set from John Clarke (at ThinkBike) to be able to get out with the lads on the ThinkBike Spook Halloween night-ride spin

The lights he gave me are the next: BBB HighPower rechargable night-lights. It has quiet nice and compact size with light weight aluminium shell and pretty light battery too. The whole system can be fitted on the bike in very short time and it would not add any serious weight to the bike either. 




The set comes with a small velcro strap that helps to get the battery fitted on the bike and because the bottom of the battery has a tiny rubber panel built in the whole pack sits nice and still on the frame. The clamp can be fitted on oversized handlebars too which is definitelly good thing to have and the light clips on and off. This makes the fitting easy. 

The light itself comes with 3 high power LED and been designed to have 3 modes: continuous normal, continuous high-power and flash mode. The casing is aluminium and the rubber enclosed water-resistant switch provides direct and responsive activation. 

I did get a double set fitted on my bike for our last night-ride spin and the light power was perfectly enough to be able to see the trails even in very dark conditions. Now, these light are not the most powerful ones out there but they are definitelly bright enough and good quality ones on they price level. I am planning to get a set of my own in the near future and I am sure I would go for them for sure 'cause they did cover all my needs. 

And once I will have my own set I will be a regular night-rider up in the mountains for sure. Night-ride is fun,  pitch black trails: bring it on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment