Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Recovery road spin in the cold

This morning I hopped on the road bike to have a nice and easy recovery spin. I left at 8 am and I have to say this morning was the first time when I really felt the winter. Yep, winter is here for sure! 

Cold but still absolutely lovely winter morning

At some places the road was even a bit frosty...

After I struggled through the usual morning traffic mayhem (which was even more ridiculous then every other day) I hit some sweet and quiet back roads where I could finally really enjoy the ride. I was dressed up well for the 2 °C temperature but I might have mistaken when I didn't put the warmer pair of gloves on. Well, I paid the price later...
I cycled out on the N81 to Tallaght and took a left and started to climb up towards the Military Road. But I was forced to turn back and choose a different destination. I was chased by a huge dog that was loose in front of some farm on the side of the road. Now, it is funny now, but back there was not at all. He was really grumpy and I just simply didn't want to risk and serious damage. :( 

So I started to head out towards Brittas on the back roads. It was simply lovely. Still very cold though but great! By the time I got to Brittas the day was nice and very sunny. I loved it! 
Sunny morning in Brittas
From Brittas I took the N81 back to the town that made the ride home super quick indeed. The whole idea of this morning's spin was to have a relaxed bike ride. Just to have the legs turning but nothing mad. 

I have covered 45 km  of distance under 1 hour and 50 minutes which was just enough for today. After I got home the hot shower was necessery and helped a lot to get the blood circulation back to normal in my hands and feet.

I enjoyed this spin but I have to admit that I need to get prepared for all the savage and super cold times on the bike. Will be tough but hey, winter is here and it is just part of the life of the cyclists! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment