Thursday, November 17, 2011

Keeping up the good work on the road bike

Lately I try to spend as much time as possible on the road bike and I have to say it is so much fun so far. Road cycling is great! Now, I don't think I will get converted for good but I havin' good time on the road bike indeed. 



Yesterday I felt like I want to get to the Phoenix Park and just get couple of laps done there. I cycled out and started to get the laps done on the long loop around (still inside) of the park. This time I picked the anti-clockwise direction and it seemed like it was a lucky pick 'cause of the one-way traffic around the park caused by the current diversion that I did not know about. 

The well known route

I wanted to keep some nice and steady pace and I think I could manage it well. I have done 5 laps (9.3 km each) and I felt great on the bike. I kept comfy and steady 27-28 km/hour avarage speed during the 5 laps. The overall distance of the spin was 65 km and it took me 2 hours and 26 minutes to get the training done. It wasn't too long spin though but I think it was still good going just before I got to work.

check out this spin on Strava.

I had a great time on the bike and even if the park was brilliant last morning but I am sure I wont be back there for a while. I need some place with a little more action! Let's head towards the mountains again this weekend! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment