Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 European XC Marathon Champs // Update # 4

I really don't like when things don't go the way they were planned. But of course there are millions of circumstances that are out of my control, so I guess I just have to deal with them the way they are thrown at me. 



The truth is, things didn't really go well in the last few weeks. I had a lovely 2 weeks Christmas Holiday and of course a lot of spins planned for that time...but it didn't happen. Pretty much the whole family got sick. Little Rhys picked up the virus that was going around for weeks, then my wife Anett and eventually I got into the usual winter manflu as well. This all happened in the middle of the Festive Season and I missed lots of training (cycling & running) because of it. Needless to say how dissapointing it was. I was gutted to know I can't ride the bike when I actually would have time to do so...grrr... 

Anyway, thankfully everything is back to normal at this point. I'm back on the bike for about a week now and will re-start my running sessions again in the next few days. 

There's still plenty of time before the Europeans but also plenty of work to do until then. Health is back to normal, motivation is through the roof, so bring it on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment