Thursday, January 2, 2014

Kickstart 2014 // First spin of the new year



The first spin of the new year. It's always planned and it's always special in a way. This one was extra special, especially because it happened only for the second attempt. :)

We had a nice spin scheduled for the 1st of Jan but the weather was so miserable that is nearly impossible to describe. Long story short: we cancelled the mountain bike ride. So, to celebrate things I had a lovely hot cup of tea that I was saving for after the ride. Lashing rain, about 3 degrees temperature and me sitting in the car sipping away the my tea that was rapidly picking up the taste of the plastic cup. Lovely...what more I could wish for hah?! :) 




Anyway! We mountain bikers never give up (not easly anyway) so there's always another day for riding my bike. And that day was today: brilliant sunny afternoon with very little wind and mild temperature. Off I went and I managed to have a good 45 km mountain bike spin around the Leadmines and Threerock. Trails were excellent around Leadmines but I have to admit that Threerock was a freakin' disaster. Very wet it was with mud up to my knees. Lovely!




So, first spin of the new year: it's done & dusted! It was lovely and was defo enough to make up for yesterdays cancellation. If all my spins will be as good as this one I will have a fantastic 2014! Can't wait! 



No comments:

Post a Comment