Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Snail Oval Chainring // Short term review




Ok, I think it's about time to get this short term review together and share some thoughts on this Snail Oval chainring. I got this ring fitted on the bike a little while ago and done about 150 km on it at this stage. 


Now, about the first impressions you can read here. But lets see how things are after a couple of decent bike ride. 


First of all it's important to know that I'm running single speed. So, there's no need to talk about the narrow-wide profile of the ring as the tensioner keep things in order for me. On the other hand the oval shape and it's benefit definitely the new thing to me. I freakin' love it! 


The ring seems to me durable, but of course there's no point to talk about durability at this point. We will see abou that in the long term review. The system works very well with this ring, after I got the chain line sorted it's nice & smooth.




I've tested the ring in many different conditions and terrain also and long story short: it works perfectly. Do I recommend it to give the "Oval Hype" a go? Hell yeah! Absolutely!!  



2 comments:

  1. thanks for the review, will get them for my road bike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bare that in mind these rings are narrow/wide ones, so they wouldn't work with front derailleur! If you use single ring at front then they will be great but if you run double or triple crankset you can't use them!

    ReplyDelete