Thursday, April 21, 2011

Trek Madone 4.5 - New sponsor bike has arrived

Finally it's here! :)
I am just after getting my new sponsorship bike today: the 2011 Trek Madone 4.5 carbon road bike. I will be able to use this excellent machine for the full season and will have the chance to test it out as much as I can in every possible condition.

I race XC mountain bike for long time and that will remain my priority, but I have a bit of a road cycling history also. I like to ride on the road just as much as I do like mountain biking. And I have to say: I really looking forward to some road events this year on bike like this!
Basicly the bike has factory set up with minor changes. I have fitted my own saddle, handlebar and pedals. The rest of the bike is as you get it from the shop. It has a full carbon fibre frame, carbon fibre fork, Shimano 105 groupset, Bontrager SSR wheelset and Bontrager stem, seatpost and tyres. The pedals are SpeedPlay, the saddle is Fizik Arione and the handlebar is BBB Ergo alloy bar.

The frame and fork has matte finish that makes the bike look very nice and with all the black parts are creating a attractive look.

After I got the bike built this morning and had my first short test ride on it I have to admit it: I can't wait to give it a proper test ride up in the Wicklow. The plan is to get up to Sally Gap on Sunday morning and get the first real impression of the bike. 

I would like to say a big thank you to John Clarke and ThinkBike for the bike and for the opportunity to represent my club on a bike like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment