Thursday, April 7, 2011

First crash of the season...

I went to the Phoenix Park this mornig to get some easy and flat recovery spin just before the weekend stage race. The weather was mild but wet and damp all morning. As soon I got to the park and started my regular full loop training, the worst thing happened... the first proper crash of the season!

The result of the crash...proper size bruise on my left leg.
I admit it: it was my own fault alltogether. I was way too fast in the bend and the front wheel went and I came off the bike just in a fraction of a second. The bigger issue was that I was doing about 30km/h speed so it took a little while before I stopped. Then I left a long scrape mark on the road also.

"This is just great..." This is exactly what I don't want to have just 2 days before the race. Well, lucky enough I didn't hurt myself badly: bruises on left leg and both elbows but nothing serious.After a quick handlebar adjustment and check I was back on the bike and finished 2 more full laps in the park as it was planned before. 

It is not nice to have a crash but it is even worst when it happens on tarmac road. I think in some cases it could cause more serious damage than off-road crashes. This time I was lucky and I am sure this crash shouldn't hold me back to have a savage race in Killaloe. 
Tomorrow I will get the gear ready and than I am all ready for the weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment