Sunday, April 24, 2011

Brilliant Easter weekend road spin


After yesterday's mountain bike spin I decided to have a road spin this morning and test out the  new road bike for the first time. I have done 3 hours on the mountain bike yesterday with good few climbs so I just wanted to have a short enough road spin on the flat this time thats why I headed towards Howth.

I got through the city centre in no time because it was empty due to the early hour and the Easter Sunday as well. After I got to the coast road that leads to Howth I got into some nice pace and just enjoyed the speed and lightness of the bike. When I got to Howth village I turned right and started to only little climb of the day that leads up to the top of the half-island.


From there I've had a fast downhill bit back to the harbour and I hit the coast road again heading towards back home. 
Today's spin was 50km long and took me 1 hour and 50 minutes to get it done. It was great to try out the bike and even this short spin was enough to get my first impression: the bike is excellent! :) 

For the next time I want to take it up to Sally Gap and see how does it work up in the mountains. But before that I have lots of mountain biking to do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment