Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bontrager XR1 - Team Issue Tyre


I got a nice set of new tyres for the bike recently, this time the Bontrager XR1 Team Issue tyre was the choice in 26x2.00 size. My previous set of Hutchinson tyres served me for a long enough time and because they got pretty worn out it was time to get the bike refreshed on the wheels.

I know the tubeless system is very well used and popular but I still prefer the good old tyre and tube setup. Many people told me to give a shot on tubeless but I am still not convinced.

I think for racing the most optimal choice for me is something with low profile running surface to get as good rolling resistance as possible. Now, of course they aren't the best for deep mud but I am ok with them so far. Also one of the most important thing to get the rolling weight reduced if I need to shave the bike's weight off, so obviously the light weight tyres are preferred by me. 
Good bit of weight difference between my old and new tyres.
I have previous experience with these tyres fitted on the bike and I am happy with them so far. The climbing ability is great on the rear wheel and the control and cornering is excellent on the front. They are allright for punctures also and they are super fast for racing in deed! :)

These tyres are recommended to anyone who prefers light and fast rolling set of racing tyres. 

No comments:

Post a Comment