Monday, April 25, 2011

High5 Zero Sport & Zero Extreme sports drink

During training and racing the proper hydration is one of the most important thing. I have tried many different sports drink previously but for some reason they all have that very sugary, sticky taste that I don't like. I feel they make me even more thirsty and they stick on my lips also. This could be very annoying. So they don't quiet work for me...


But I have been testing something different lately and it seems like I could come accross with some very good product in deed. The High5 Zero Sport and Zero Extreme sports drinks. They are fizzy tablets that I just drop into a bottle of water. They have great flavour and they don't give me that sticky taste. They also have added magnesium that is very important for the muscles during excercise.

The Zero Sport has citrus flavour, while the Zero Extreme has berry flavour but intrestingly it does remind me for the taste of the energy drinks rather than berry. The Extreme also has a small 65mg caffeine kick (a cup of coffe contains about the same), so it gives a bit of a boost also. 

They are fizzy tablets but even if they remain fizzy a bit during the bike ride they are still easy to drink and they are taste great too. They don't have strong colour or smell so the bottles can be cleaned easly afterwards. 

They being sold in tubs, each tub contains 20 tablets, each tablet makes a 500ml serving
So this small tube makes 15 litres of drink which I think is certenly good value for the cycling season.

I still have few of the sample saches left but after they gone I will get the tubs and stick to them for the future. I also interested to try the other flavours as well.


I have tried them only during training spins and I am ipmressed so far. Based on that I can't wait to test them out in race conditions and see how do they work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment