Friday, April 8, 2011

Checklist for Lough Derg stage race

This is the last day before the 2 days race over the weekend. I started to get the gear ready for the race yesterday but I am off work today so I've had more time to get the things organized. 

Of course the first step was to get the bike washed and checked to make sure it will work on 100% during the 4 stages. Once it was done I could move on to the next step: collect all the requested items on my checklist. Well, this list is actually longer than I thought:

Maintenance:
spare tyre, spare tubes, spare gear cables, toolbox, mobile workshop stand, shoxpump, cable ties, quickseal puncture repair kit, CO2 refills, trackpump, small preassure washer, insulation tape, rubber gloves, spare spokes
Clothing:
jerseys, bibshorts, baselayer, vests, jackets, arm warmers, knee warmers, gloves, glasses, spare lenses, helmets, shoes, socks
Nutrition:
waterbottles, gels, bars, oranges, bananas, nuts, drinks
Other stuff:
camera, GPS, chargers, first aid kit, beanbag, polifoam
...and more!

At this stage I have the van loaded and I just need to double check some of the most important things to be sure I have them. So we can say I am all prepared and the last thing is to have a good sleep tonight and we head down to Killaloe at 6:30am tomorrow morning. Can't wait!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andras,

    How did it go in Killaloe? Next weekend my mountainbike comes in from The Netherlands and hopefully I will be able to join you on some of your mountainbike adventures...

    Billy

    ReplyDelete