Sunday, April 17, 2011

Threerock trails are sign posted


I haven't been up on Threerock for a while so it was time for my regular spin up there. On the way  up I climbed on the singletracks and some tarmac road as well. When I got up to the top I have seen this little "centre" with a big information sign that says the Coillte - Dublin Mountain Partnership Ticknock MTB Trails are ready and there will be a official opening on the 8th of May. The riders even can take a seat if they prefer a short brake during their spin. Great stuff!

The Biking.ie will organize an event called Dublin Blitz for the day, for more details click here.

So I cycled around Threerock on the new trails and I have to say I was pretty impressed with all the markings and sign posting. They are everywhere, they are clear and accurate in deed. If somebody is not familiar with the place they are very useful.

The directions are clear and honestly: I think it would be quiet difficult to take a wrong turn or get lost with these signs on.

I also like the way they are making the purpose of these trails obvious for walkers and everybody else who is not on the bike.



Some of the caution signs are even point out some of the faster and bit more tricky sections of the trails. I think this could be also very handy information for everybody who's visiting the trails for the first time.

So, I have to say I am very impressed with the trails and the way they have been designed and developed. I think the Coillte and the MAD MTB put a massive amount of work into this project and I think we all can only thank them for everything! :) 

I am a bit disappointed because I am not around for the official opening ceremony in May but I am sure there will be plenty of events up there in the future. 


Just a short "funny" story:

I was cycling along the trails and I was thinking: "...these markings are great! I am sure they will make couple of things easier. Finally we have a trail system for us, mountain bikers!..." and then I've heard runners coming up and talking:


runner 1 : "Oh, sh...t! We are on the cycling trails!"
runner 2 : "Ahh, don't worry about it!
runner 3 : " ha-ha-ha"

And they kept running along the trails...


Obviously ther is no need to get sensitive about situation like this but it shows for sure it will take some time before people will realize what are thoose trails are for. I hope it will happen sooner rather than later. Until then we share as we did before! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment