Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fundraising on turbo trainers in front of ThinkBike

New day means possiblity for a new adventure! This time there is something that I never done before: doing fundraising on turbo trainer

But there is a whole story behind this, so let's go from the start: 3 of my team mates will taking part of the Malin Head to Mizen Head Charity Cycle (in aid of Irish Cancer Society) next week. The distance is 620 km over 4 days

Now, as a fundraiser John Clarke from ThinkBike is doing the whole route on turbo trainer in front of the shop in Rathmines. Today I hopped on the turbo as well to take my share for a couple of hours.
John & myself in front of the shop: great day for it indeed!

We got the turbo trainers and the bikes set up, drink in the bottle and start! We were lucky 'cause today was nice and sunny day and everything was absolutely fantastic. The atmosphere was brilliant: we got huge support and even more cheering from the people walking by. It seems like they found it interesting to find out what's happening and they did like the whole idea behind what we were doing out there. I spent 3 hours on the turbo this afternoon and I did like every minute of it I have to say. The good craic, good music through my earphones, all the nice words from the people on the busy Lower Rathmines road just made my time superb on the normally pretty boring turbo trainer. 

Fresh & happy after the 3 hours "ride"

I was out there only for 3 hours today but it was great to see how many people decided to donate! To be honest I was a little bit surprised in a very good way. I'm very happy I could be part of this today and a little bit sad I can't give it a go next week on the real cycle with the lads. It has been a great experience indeed and I hope I can get involved in stuff like this in the future! :)

...to visit the fundraiser page just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment