Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Pink Fever in Dublin // Giro d'Italia 2014 Stage 3


I prefer mountain biking but of course also love road cycling. So, it was pretty obvious for me to be at the finish line of the Stage 3 of the 2014 Giro d'Italia that finished on the Merrion Square in Dublin City Centre. It would have been a big mistake to miss out an opportunity like this. 

I got there nice & early, did the usual souvenir hunt for my little son Rhys and myself and then managed to get a perfect spot just 200m from the finish line, pretty much up front at the barriers. Happy days! I mean with the size of that crowd I think I got lucky to be able to get that close I think. Happy days! :) 

Good spot alright, can't get much better than this

I followed all the action on the big screen just right accross the street and watched the fast guys storm down to the finish line like hell. It was truly special to watch the best road races in the world going for the stage victory! The speed was insane! 

The buzz was great out there today despite the usual random Irish weather (rain, sun, rain, sun). The crowd was great and the organizers did a great job putting everything together. World Class show it was and I'm delighted to say I was part of it today. Who knows when would I have a chance to watch a stage finish of a Grand Tour again? 


No comments:

Post a Comment