Sunday, January 8, 2017

The first spin of 2017




What a start of the new year! As we are currently havin' one of the coldest weather in a many years I think I'm not mistaking to say that it was a tough enough first MTB ride of 2017. And when I say tough I'm not talking about a regular chilly spin... I'm talking about riding in COLD!


-16 degrees at 10 am in the morning

So, I dug up pretty much all my winter gear, got wrapped as hell and left the house. Riding in -12 degrees takes a good bit of clothing indeed. 5 layers on the body, 2 pairs of gloves and a heap of warm up cream on my toes & fingers

Of course my health and the fun factor is important to me, so I cut the ride short and turned home early enough. Managed to have a 1 hour and 15 minutes long spin with almost 300 metres elevation gain. This little ride was only enough to kick off the new year and to be honest in these proper cold conditions it was perfectly enough for me. 

So, it has started. Roll on 2017!  :) 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment