Thursday, April 5, 2018

2016 Trek Superfly 7 // The first 500 km




I'm over the first 500 km on the Trek since I started to use it, so it's time to say a few words about my impressions. 


The machine has been tried & tested under many conditions. The first thing to mention is riding this XC weapon just simply feels right. It could be it's size or the geometry but it feels like a nice machine altogether. I've had a few proper off-road spins and also big, long trainings on the road. 





But lets check some details:

  • The frame is absolutely brilliant! It handles very well, it is very responsive and yet comfortable. The features such as bolt-through rear end and brake positioning on the chainstay give a stiff and proper riding experience.
  • The Fox 32 suspension fork is savage! Takes a lot of beating and it's really smooth indeed. The CTD system works great, I particulary like the Trail settings where you have active suspension but it isn't too soft. Many times this setting is the perfect choice for me. 
  • The Bontrager wheels are still running true and smooth, loving them.
  • The gears work well, although I have changed the system around a bit to suit me needs.
  • The Shimano brakes do give plenty of braking power but if I need to be honest here I have to say that my old Avid Elixirs were much more powerful...

So, the Superfly is a proper XC machine that rides sweet, climbs like a beast and very comfident on the descends. The 27,5" wheelsize and the geometry create a very agile bike that feels like a freakin' rocket on the trails. Kudos to Trek, thanks for creating such a nice bike! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment