Wednesday, May 9, 2018

2016 Trek Superfly 7 // The first 1000 km





Yep, I just got the first 1000 km on the 2016 Trek Superfly 7, so I think it's time to put together a post about my thoughts on this machine. First of all I need to say that (and I'm confident to say so) I'm on probably one of the best bikes I ever had. I can only imagine what it would be to run a carbon frame & some savage high spec combo! 


Since I got the bike back in early February I managed to ride it on many different trails and in a wide range of weather conditions also. All I can say that I'm freakin' loving it! But lets see some details now:


Pros:
  • the cable casings are well sealed thanks to the internal cable routing and as a result I'm still running the original gear cable on the back
  • both wheels are nice and strong, they are running true & smooth although I hit some hard stuff once or twice
  • the FOX 32 is simply brilliant, as smooth as it can be
  • the bolt-through axles are easy to work with and they do keep things stiff



Cons:
  • the Bontrager tyres are a tad bit too soft, they do wear out fast I'm afraid
  • the sealed bearings are gone already in the rear hub 



So, after this 1000 km I'm truly impressed: Trek wanted to give us a savage XC weapon and they nailed it sooooo well! It is fast, light, reliable and gives me massive smile each time I hit the tails on it. The 2018 racing season will kick off in 3 weeks time and I can't wait to see how the Superfly will perform under proper pressure! Bring it on!  



No comments:

Post a Comment