Thursday, September 15, 2011

It started just like any other day...

I went out for a nice morning off-road spin yesterday. The weather was great, I was feeling good on the bike and I thought it'll be just like any other day out in the mountains... I had to realize it wasn't th case.

Lovely view during puncture repair, isn't it? :)

First I got a rear puncture on the Wicklow Way just before I reached the bottom of Two Rock. Well, it is part of the game so put in a new tube quickly and I was on my way again.

Pumping away in the autumn sunshine :)

I decided to no to any further on the Wicklow Way 'cause I used my spare tube and if I get puncture once again I can't get back to work on time. So I climbed up to the top of Two Rock and started to fly down on the technical rocky trail towards Threerock.

Then I hit the bottom section of the new trails from the top and started a quiet intense downhill towards the lower carpark. Turn after turn and jump after jump...I loved it until... all of a sudden there was a massive group of people right in the middle of the trail in front of me! I guess they were students (about 30 of them) with one teacher on some sort of school trip up in the mountains. So I was going on the dedicated MTB trail and nearly got involved in a proper accident because of them... They got pretty scared so did I but I passed them carefully and kept going.

But the adventures are not over yet, the best part was still ahead of me. I was climbing on the fire road (not walking trail) when I seen a walker coming in front of me with three dogs. I was nicely on one side of the road while he was on the other as he walked towards me. As we got closer to each other he immediately crossed the road and walked directly against me with his dogs. I pulled the bike out of his way and passed him but then:

- Don't you have your own f...cking trail?
- Yes we do. 
- Then next time f...cking stick to it!!!


There was absolutelly no need for this at all I think but I don't even want to get started on this now 'cause I might write something that I will regret in the future. Especially in the light of my previous experience with the student group. But for some reason I did not asked them the same question like your man did, especially not in that tone like he was using. I guess we are not the same. Luckily! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment