Saturday, September 3, 2011

Last spin on the single speed XC bike

After the SSWC I took one week off, just to take it easy for a little while. After all this was my last race of the season so I let myself to be a bit more comfy! :) But of course I miss cycling so much I can't stay off the bike for too long.

This afternoon I went up to Threerock for the last time to ride the single speed bike. I just wanted to have one more proper spin like this before I put all the gears and the rest back on the bike. It has been lovely to ride a bike like this for the last month but I also need to admit it: I wont leave it like this for good. I enjoy mountain biking much more with the 2 x 9 gear system and to have the choice of the optimal gear at any time. 

Normally I don't go up there on Saturday afternoon, so I was a little bit impressed how busy the place was. But I guess this is the way on most of the weekends anyway. It was great to see cyclists everywhere on the mountain! :)

Today I said good bye to the single speed conversion

The weather was warm and didn't get rain at all but the trails were super muddy at some places so I did have a lot of fun riding the bike. The deep mud and hundreds of puddles were absolutely brilliant to have today, I was really in the mood to get the most out of it. It was the perfect Saturday off-road spin for me! :)

My new pair of legwarmers :)

I also feel pretty good on the bike, it seems like the week recovery did work well after all. I could manage to put in a good enough time on the main tarmac climb from the M50 bridge to the top of the hill (check it on Strava). This is defenitely a good sign for me 'cause my Wicklow Way attempt is just around the corner. I probably wil give it a go in the next 2-3 weeks and get it done as the last challenge of my 2011 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment