Friday, January 11, 2013

Flatout Fridays # 2


Another hard and intense one hour I had this evening. Well, as flatout as it can be after the ankle trouble anyway. I took out the cross bike again but this time I've stayed on road for the whole duration of the spin. 

Tonight I just wanted something straight forward so the plan was to hit the N11 and cycle straight out on it as far as I can get in 30 minutes and then turn back and get back.


Milltown - Donnybrook - N11 - Cherrywood - N11 - Donnybrook - Milltown

The best news of the day was that the ankle feels perfectly fine! Happy with that! The ride was brilliant, loved the way the weather was pretty misty and the traffic wasn't too bad either. Normally I don't cycle on roads like the N11 but this time I really enjoyed it indeed! :)

The idea of these spins is be to go for an hour and give as much as I can in this time. So today I was out for 1 hour and covered the distance of 26,5 km with total elevation gain of 178 m and burned 688 calories. Was tough going but at least it did make me feel like I doing something! :)

... details of the spin on Strava: http://app.strava.com/activities/37168343


I did like this simple route this evening, so the plan is to do it again but next time I will try to get a bit furter! But first...

... I'm enjoying this lovely Italian style dinner! Bon appetit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment