Thursday, January 24, 2013

My plans for the 2013 racing season

Well, it is end of January now, so it's time to start making plans for the year. I've been thinking about things for a while: what to do, what to keep as a priority, what to miss and all the rest. The thing is that I have about a ton of motivation but if I want to be realistic I gotta admit that I still don't spend enough time with training...so I'm trying to make time but it's isn't easy... But the plans are there, so let's see them:

My focus in 2013 will be on cyclocross instead of mountain biking. I want to race a full cross season, taking part in all the rounds of the series and get the best possible overall result. The main goal is to race well in the Cyclocross National Champs and get the best possible result there. But the Big Goal is to take part in the Three Peaks Cyclocross race over in the U.K. That is the big one for me, had my eyes on that one for a while.

On the mountain bike the I have two big plans. One would be to ride the 12 hours Bull Raid as a solo rider (I've done it as part of a 2 man team in 2011 ) and the other one is to ride the Wicklow Way in one day.

On the road the only thing that I can't miss is the Wicklow 200. I also would love to beat my own record on the Kilmashogue Lane, to get a double digit number would be sweet.  

The plans are here, nothing else to do but stick to the list and get most of it done. If I can race all these races and complete my parsonal goals I sure will be a very happy cyclist! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment