Monday, January 28, 2013

OneLifeiD // Just to be safe!

I was reading an article a couple of weeks ago in a cycling magazine while I was waiting in the physio's waiting room and an interesting article cought my attention. It was about a company who sells fully personalised wristbands that can be used in case accidents to identify the owner. After I finished the article I got very interested and ordered my OneLifeiD wristband on the same evening. 

 
Basicly the point is this: about 95% of the times I'm out on the bike on my own. I know it is not good, but normally I don't have iD on me. This and the fact that I can't be too careful guided me towards the decision to place my order and get one of these, I my opinion very useful wristbands. 

After about two weeks the parcel has landed

Nicely presented product indeed

The idea is very simple: there is this stainless steel plate on the silicone band. The plate has an engraved barcode and also personalised information (name, ICE number, blood type, ect...). The barcode is linked to a personal online profile that can be updated with necessary information (medical history, medicine allergy, ect...) In case of emergency the most important details are right there on the plate and also if you scan the barcode that online page pops up with additional information. 

Cool design, strong material, comfortable to wear and weather proof. What more can I ask for? 

The full kit

Getting the size right

The proper clasp makes it easy to put it on and to take it off


I think this is a great and simple way to have iD on me all the time when I'm out on the bike. I know people have different opinion about these things but the way I look at it is this: it's better to be safe than sorry. I just feel like it can only be good to have something like this in case of anything happens out there. But the best would be if it never gonna get used, if you know what I mean! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment