Saturday, April 28, 2012

Leadmines // Threerock - Timed lap on the Epic course

This morning the weather got a bit better compare to the terrible conditions over the last couple of days, so needless to say how happy I was to get out on the bike without the risk of hailstones. :)

Today's spin - Leadmines & Threerock

My plan was to get out to the Leadmines and see what I can do on the Epic club course. I haven't been there for a good while now and I was prepared to get some proper slippery time around the well known club course. So after the fast tarmac climb I was feeling good and excited about the whole plan. "This is gonna be great!" I thought when I started my timed lap on the muddy trails. I gave everything I had I guess and when I got the lap done with my personal best of 14 minutes and 35 seconds I was feeling sooo good about myself...until I got back home and uploaded the data to Strava. My lap time was enough to be the 24th best registered time on the club course. Not bad, but I honestly thought I was going a bit faster than that. :) 

After I finished at the Leadmines I turned back towards Threerock and did a little bit of mountain biking there too. I finished just in time before the usual Saturday madness kicked in! Happy days! :) 

On my way home

In the last couple of weeks I've been quiet busy to get ready for the arrival of our Little Baby (painting the room, putting baby furnitures together and going to antenatal classes), so I've been doing spins only once a week. Funny enough, since I spend less time up in the mountains I appreciate my time on the bike lot more. Everytime I get out it feels like just the perfect spin and it wasn't any different this time either. 

I had great time on the bike, I did 2 hours and 20 minutes and covered the distance of 44 km this morning. It was fun ride on the super muddy trails. Conclusion of today's spin: next time I need to calm down after a timed lap 'cause it's not always as good as it seems! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment