Saturday, April 14, 2012

Threerock // WW // Massey's Woods - What a spin!


I got out on the bike for the first time this week, so I wanted to have the most of it! I got up nice and early, got my good breakfast and I was on my way up to the still cold but sunny mountains. The weather was decent but to be fair pretty cold though. Especially up on the opened mountain tops! 

Theerock, just before I met Joe & Mark

I picked my favourite place so after a quick warmup I was rocking on the trails of Threerock. I got up from the Kilmashogue carpark's direction. After the steady fire road climb I hit some of the sweet natural trails on the far side of the mountain where I met Joe McCall and Mark Kenny and I teamed up with them to get an even better spin on this great Saturday morning!

After a little more mountain biking on the familiar trails of Threerock we started to head up towards the top of the mountain on the Wicklow Way and after a quick downhill we got on this great single track called "Legend"

This one was new to me, I never been on it before. But I will surely remember 'cause I definitely want to do it again 'cause it was a super forest trail. Quick forest trail with some sweet technical roots & rock sectors. The mud made it even better, I had so much fun to ride on it! Great stuff! :)

After this new part we got to the Massey's Woods where we hit some real high pace on the super fast downhill trails. Thankfully the place was pretty much empty so we could let the bikes go nice and quick! :) 

Once we finished our spin I started to head back home and by the time I got back to my place I got 43,5 km done under 2 hours and 54 minutes with a little bit more than 1000 m elevation gain along the way. I really appreciated the time on the bike, it was absolutely superb spin. 

It was even better 'cause I could join the guys, it was a proper XC spin with no messing around: nice pace, proper technical natural trails and good company! What else would I need to have a savage Saturday morning XC spin?! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment