Thursday, August 29, 2013

Something new is coming // 27.5" Wheelsize Revolution


So, here we are again! Something new, something better to look forward to. Or...should we have second thoughts and take things a bit slower? Hard to tell but in my opinion it all boils down to this: ride what you like, what you prefer and what you have the most fun with! 

The past few years time was all about the 26" VS. 29er "war" with tons of advantages and disadvantages about both wheelsizes and everything else that is connected to them (weight, stiffness, handling, ect...). But now here's something new, something that the World just knows as 27.5 or 650b! The "best-of-both" option that should be the solution for riders like me. 

I'm riding 26" XC bikes since I started mountain biking. But this summer I tried 29er bikes just to see what the difference is and how beneficial it would be for me. The truth is that I really liked the 29ers and I was 100% convinced about them. I liked them, I loved them and I wanted one! Wanted one badly!!

But, and here's the "but part"...since many of the bike manufacturers are started to focus on the 27.5 size and I've done a lot of reading about them and I have to say: I am convinced about them! Actually, I'm more convinced about them, then about 29ers. They are lighter, they have better acceleration, more agile ride, they are stiffer than the 29er models!  

So, in my opinion there's an unquestionable benefit over the old 26" standard but a ton of benefit over the 29ers. Can't deny it, I'm super-mega-über excited about them now and can't wait to see them on the trails! 


No comments:

Post a Comment