Wednesday, November 27, 2013

2014 European XC Marathon Champs // Update # 2

Since I started my winter training, there are two important things also that I'm trying to pay attention for. They are essential I know but for some reason they have been pushed to the background for long time...

Although I fully understand how important it is to stay well hydrated, I never had enough to drink throughout the day. So, I decided to force myself into the habbit and drink a lot of water!





I got myself a nice 500 ml Bobble bottle ( http://www.waterbobble.com/ )  and have it refilled and emptied out 4 times a day. My water intake has been increased from about 0,5 L/day to about 2,5 L/day (including other drinks such as tea). I feel more energetic and more fresh. And the best thing is that I got used to drinking water just after a few days! 

The other thing is the foam roller. Yes, I am part of the foam roller revolution indeed! I have been reading about them and talked to lot of my friends about their opinion about this simple self-massage "device". Long story short: I got one from my lovely wifey. Happy days! :)


So, there I am. Rolling away and suffering...suffering a lot. I have to say that it is a rough enough thing now! But once the session is done & dusted it really gives a nice and good feeling to the tyred legs. Doing it every day and I am getting used to it slowly. It seems like it does help in recovery, although it would be very hard to tell only after a week. 

So, besides training I'm also trying to change a few things to feel better. It took only a decision that I should have made ages ago. I don't quiet know what I have been waiting for...these things are awsome!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment