Friday, June 27, 2014

Look S-Track pedals // Short term review

I started to use the basic model of the new Look S-Track pedals a month ago, so I think it's enough time to be able to look into a short term review on them.  




The first couple of days were a bit bumpy I need to admit that. Setting up the cleats were a bit tricky I think. Using the provided shims during the fitting was very important. After many attempts for setting up everything right I ended up finding the perfect fit with the 1mm thick shims under the cleats. Now, once that was out of the way I was able to truly enjoy these fantastic pedals from Look. 

I have tested them in every possible conditions that can be found during the summer months. They performed very well even in the deepest sticky-mud situations and never left me in trouble during the last 4 weeks. 

Docking-in and cliping-out has a solid & definite feel and the increased contact surface on the pedals really helps to be confident on the trails. The float amount is perfect and there's a clear point before release.




The cleats are in perfect condition, although I would be surprised if they would be any different after only 4 weeks of riding. The rubber inserts are also very durable, there's no damage on the whatsoever. 

I've heard lots of mixed opinions about the S-Track pedals before, but after I got them fitted on the bike I'm 100% convinced about how good they are. Reliable and comfortable system so far that doesn't add too much weith to the bike either. I like them a lot after the first 4 weeks, but let's see how they will perform over the upcoming months. 

I hope I can say nothing but good about them after a bit more testing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment