Sunday, August 7, 2016

Mátra Maraton 2016 // 3 weeks to go




Man, it has been a while...2 years to be precise. The last time I lined up to the start line was 2 years ago, so I truly think it's time for me to get back into the racing game. 


I just signed up to the 15th edition of the popular Hungarian XCM race called Mátra Maraton. It is a well run event and since the venue is very close to my place it seems like a good race to pick to race again. I've had some hard "fights" and very memorable results from here, so I really looking foward to race again in the Mátra Mountains.   




I have picked the "Short Distance" and will be racing the Masters1 Category. It'll be a 33 km long race with the elevation gain of 860 meters. It is short alright but considering the time I can spend with training, the fact that I haven't been racing since 2014 and that I'll be riding single speed, I think it will be perfectly enough to see how am I doing.   


So, there's still work to do. I will pull things together as much as possible and I hope I'll be having a good race! Roll on Mátra Maraton 2016!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment