Monday, June 20, 2011

Team ThinkBike for the 12 hours XC race


After last year's event I did a lot of thinking and planning on this race. But finally the plan is getting shaped better and better day by day. My good friend and team mate Richie Felle and myself will join for The Bull Raid 12 Hours XC race and race together as a team.

This is going to be the first 12 hours race for both of us, so many of the details needs to be sorted out in the next couple of weeks. It's all the exciting planning! :) We are competing in different categories in the Irish NPS league for many years now but we did race against each other for 2 years before and did a lot of training spin together. So I can say we know each other well!

We'll have good few long spins together over the next few weeks and during that time period we will work out the best strategy for the race indeed.



We will enter the 2 man team category. The race course will be a ~10km long loop and we have to get as many laps as possible within the 12 hours race time. It sounds dead simple but if we want to put in a decent performance it's gonna be tricky enough. But both of us are very motivated XC racers so I know we not gonna hang around on the day! :)

For full details on the race click here.

But first things first: at this stage I have to get my pace build back up after my injury and make sure I will be in top shape for the event. It will be a smooth and hopefully quick progress. And then get prepared for another "Big Adventure" of the 2011 XC season! :) Can't wait! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment