Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tendon inflammation - First injury of the season...

I am honestly dissapointed now... After the Wicklow 200 on last Sunday I felt tired of course but there was something else that made me worry. I felt some sort of unusual pain in me upper leg (close to the hip) during the last 60-70 km of the event but it has gone more or less for the evening. After a lovely hot bath and a good night rest I thought everything is gonna be just fine. 

But the next morning I've experienced something like I never had before: I had serious difficulty just to get out of the bed. I couldn't stand up without deep pain and I couldn't lift my right foot off the floor more than just 1-2 cm. 

At this point I decided to visit my doctor and get the things checked out. My main concern was the very sharp pain and the extremely limited movement of my right leg. It was nothing like the regular muscle or joint tiredness I do know from the past.

After a proper check I got the diagnosis: I have Tendon Inflammation in my upper leg, that takes me off the bike and training for a week at least. Of course the legs were working hard during the 200km long event but that's not the real issue. There is a good possiblity the very cold, windy and wet weather conditions pushed my body's tolerance a bit over the limits.


So I am on medication for the next 7 days and have to have a proper rest as well. This is the only way to get rid of this issue. Taking the pills and sitting around for most of the day. Great... :(

Of course it very uncomfortable 'cause I feel fresh after the weekend and the weather is getting good as well. Yep, I am happy it's nothing more serious but it is still serious enough to cause pain and give me limitation. Also bad enough to keep me off the bike in the middle of the racing season...

No comments:

Post a Comment