Thursday, June 9, 2011

W200 - Only 3 days left

Only couple of days left until the longest road event of my season: the Wicklow 200. One of the most important thing at this stage is to figure out how is the weather gonna be... Well, I think this is nearly impossible in Ireland, but I can't stop thinking about it! :) 

The forecast looks all right for Sunday but it still can change. It seems like we will have sunny enough day and the temperature is ok also. Let's hope it will stay like they say now 'cause it would be a long and savage day in rain indeed. 

I am really looking forward to leave Greystones on Sunday, however I don't feel the same excitement that I normally feel. This might be 'cause I know I will compete against the clock rather than other riders.

The plans are getting ready, arrengements have been made, tactics been discussed. I will heading out with couple of friends, we try to stay together as long as possible. But because each of us have personal goals for the day possibly we will get separated after we hit the first climb of the day. 

So this is the deal! :) In the next day or two I will get my gear in order and start to get prepared for Sunday. I know Sunday day will be epic day on the bike and if I can finish the 200 km with a good time I will be very satisfied! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment