Sunday, December 30, 2012

Dealing with ankle injury...


An injury is never good I'd say, especially not now...And it's even worst when it's not caused be cycling but caused by running...

As part of my normal winter preparation I run normally once or twice a week just to build up general fitness over the winter months. Also like running because it doesn't take so much of my time, so it fits in with our routine with the Little One. Thing went well up until now...

Exactly a week ago I went for my usual running session. It was a 40 minutes session and I managed to cover a bit more than 7 km under this time. So the pace was ok, nothing too fast. After I got back home I went to work and on the same evening I had a feeling something isn't right. And things got bad the next day...I have some proper pain and pressure on the inside of my left ankle and it has fairly limited movement also. Now of course when all this happens? Right in the middle of the Festive Season when no one is working...

Ice can sort things out big time!

Thankfully I got some very useful advice how to make things a bit better until I can visit a physio and get things checked out properly. It has been a week now and luckily it got a little bit better, but it's far from being good. I'm able to ride in and out to work but I definitely had to skip my weekend spin (quiet pissed off about that...) to make sure I'm not making thins worse until tomorrow when I get to see a physio. I will get things checked out tomorrow and finally get some answers what went wrong and what do I need to do in order to get rid of it. I hope it's nothing serious though...

No comments:

Post a Comment