Friday, December 21, 2012

Flatout Fridays # 1

Uhh, it was a tough going I need to say...I'm just back from the first week of my Flatout Fridays sessions. Basicly I still don't have too much time that I can spend on the bike so I've decided to head out on Friday afternoons and get an hour intense riding in. So, this is the first one! 


After I finished with all the changing-nappies-and-preparing-babyfood things (that kept me super busy) and my wife Anett got back from work also, I got my gear ready and off I went. 

The route is one of my favourite: 

Milltown - Rathgar - Rathfarnham - Kilmashogue Lane - Threerock - Sandyford - Dundrum - Milltown



Luckily the weather was nice & mild so except the pace it was a very loveable spin. Doing the ride on the cross bike was brilliant, could build up nice speed but I paid the price having a single (38T) ring on the front...

The idea of these spins will be to go for an hour and give as much as I can in this time. So today I was out for 1 hour and covered the distance of 23,6 km with total elevation gain of 456 m and burned 707 calories
The best part is that I managed to do a little PR hunting on Strava and scooped up 4 of them! Happy days! 

...details of the ride on strava: http://app.strava.com/activities/33337211
 
This route suits me very well and I'm already targeting the sub 1 hour time limit. Will give that one a go for sure when I'm heading out next time! But until then...

...I'm enjoying my post ride treat: yummy ginger bread cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment