Sunday, February 12, 2012

Old bikes = nice memories

I was going through some of my old photos a couple of days ago and I found some interesting stuff again. This time I got shots of nearly all of my XC race bikes from the last 10 years. There is a quiet bit of a change between each of them and they do mean a lot to me cause I had some really memorable racing in the saddle of these bikes. 

So here they are, the evolution of my bikes:

 Magellan Crux (2003) - My second alloy mountain bike, the first XC race specific frame

Magellan Pyxis Team (2004) - nice race geometry with nice parts & Rolf Satellite wheels

Specialized Stumpjumper (2006) - great XC bike with the best fork out there: Rock Shox SID World Cup BlackBox. My heart was broken when this beauty got stolen...

Specialized Epic M5 (2007) - my first and only full suspension XC bike, also first time to have disc brakes. Amazing bike but couldn't keep the weight and the maintenance low enough...

Tomac Taos (2007) - amazing and super stiff frame with some real sweet parts and Mavic CrossMax SL wheels

Giant XTC 1 (2009) - lovely alloy frame with my first Shimano groupset after nearly 10 years of SRAM! Milestone it was indeed! :) 

Look 986 (2010) - my current XC race bike with carbon frame, full Shimano groupset & double chain ring setup.

Will this list getting any longer in the future? Hard to tell...at this point I'm super happy with the bike I have at the moment, it's waaaaaay better than any of other ones. So, I guess the answer is no. 
But we are all cyclists and we all said this before. And all of a sudden there was a new plan for a new bike again! Isn't this true? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment