Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tough interval session with the ThinkBike lads // Ticknock x 6

Another Thursday evening means nothing else but savage ThinkBike Interval Sufferfest on the local climbs. So as it happens every week lately, I got prepared for today's tough going straing after work. I got home and prepared my second lunch 'cause I knew I have to fill the energy levels for later on. 

Semolina porridge with kiwi, peach & some cocoa powder. A plate of this treat keeps me going for a whole day! :)

After a quick prep I was on my way to the Taylor's carpark where the start point was for tonight. I met the lads from the club there and after few minutes of chatting we started the fun. 


Today we climbed from the M50 bridge up to the Ticknock lower carpark 6 times in a row. This climb is 2.1 km long and has 145 m elevation gain. I like this road 'cause the surface is excellent and the view is nice as well on the way back down. 

The elevation graph of the climb that we've done 6 times tonight

Since this was the 4th week for me doing interval trainings I felt great on the bike. I kept the pace nice and steady for the first 3 and increased the rythm a bit during the last 3 times. I managed to get 8 minutes and 20 seconds as a best time during the 4th climb which I'm defo happy with 'cause my first race is coming up in 4 weeks time and I started to feel in good shape for it. Great! :)

It's all over: face is happy, legs are wrecked. Exactly the way it was planned! ;)

It was just so nice to be out: little bit wet but warm evening, in fact I couldn't believe that I was able to go for a spin wearing 3/4 lenght in February. I love you Ireland, I couldn't do the same thing in Hungary that's for sure! 

I cycled out as a warmup and cycled back home after all the climbing was done so I ended up doing 41 km and spent 2 hours on the bike. Was good and effective, I feel pretty tired now. My legs are wrecked and I'm super sleepy indeed...so I guess...it's bed time for me! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment